Finding the right facial treatment to restore and rejuvenate your skin can sometimes be complicated. There are so many options out there, from skin care lines all the way to surgical procedures to make you look fresh and youthful. At South Shore Plastic Surgery, we offer several options for facial treatments, each treating a different issue in a different way.
If you are looking for a solution to a myriad of surface skin problems, laser treatments may be the answer. With three different laser options to treat varying levels of skin damage, you’re sure to find the right one for you.
- Laser Genesis – Laser Genesis is a gentle, non-ablative laser that stimulates collagen production and the growth of healthy new skin cells by heating the surface levels of your skin. It is used to treat fine lines, enlarged pores, scarring from acne or trauma, and skin hyperpigmentation. It is a quick, completely painless 30-minute procedure that works gradually to improve your skin from the inside out. Because it stimulates the body’s natural collagen growth, the results are gradual. Most people will need at least six sessions to see optimal results, and can usually start to see a marked change in their skin after about three treatments.
- Limelight Facial – The Limelight Facial is a non-ablative laser therapy used to treat brown or red spots on the skin. Small laser pulses target the tiny capillaries and veins that cause redness, as well as the brown spots that are a sign of sun damage. Treatments typically take less than an hour, and you will begin to see results after about one to three weeks. Most people require up to three sessions, but this depends on the extent of your skin damage.
- Pearl – The Pearl laser treatment is ablative, meaning it destroys damaged outer layers of skin, which induces the body’s natural healing response, and boosts production of collagen and new skin cells. It is used to treat wrinkles and dull or uneven skin texture. The procedure may cause mild discomfort, and your skin will be red and sensitive to the sun for a few days post treatment. Most people only need one session to see results, though depending on the extent of your skin damage, a second session may be recommended.
If you are interested in addressing wrinkles or loss of volume in your cheeks, lips, or under your eyes, facial rejuvenation can help. At South Shore, we offer several injectable fillers that are sure to suit your needs. For fine lines or deeper facial folds, you can choose from the following:
- Restylane – fills wrinkles using a substance in which the active ingredient is hyaluronic acid – a protein found naturally in the body. This treatment lasts up to six months.
- Juvéderm® – also a hyaluronic acid-based treatment, Juvéderm® works similarly to Restylane, in that it subtly fills the folds and wrinkles in your face, smoothing your skin. This treatment lasts between six to nine months.
- Perlane – this injectable is used to fill deeper facial wrinkles, including nasolabial folds and frown lines.
If you want to augment your face by restoring volume loss due to aging, we offer the following options:
- Juvéderm® VOLUMA™ – this treatment uses hyaluronic acid to add volume to the cheeks and chin, recontouring and softening the face.
- Sculptra – this injectable is used to fill deeper hollowing issues in the face. It is the only filler that activates the collagen production response in your body, making it last up to two years.
If the wrinkles between your eyebrows are your main concern, it may be time to try Dysport®. Known as glabellar lines, these moderate to severe folds can be treated with a series of injections that reduce the muscle activity in the brows, temporarily preventing the repeated contractions that cause wrinkles.
Dysport® is a targeted treatment that only affects the brow lines, allowing for the rest of the untreated area to still work normally, so that you don’t have a “frozen” expression. Dysport® lasts for up to four months, and if you are diligent in your treatments, you can enjoy excellent results over the long term.
Don’t be overwhelmed by the choices for facial treatments! Let Dr. Vasisht and our team at South Shore Plastic Surgery guide you through your options and find the treatment that will give you the best possible results. Call us today at 856-322-8100 to schedule an appointment for a consultation.