Injectable fillers are a big part of Dr. Vasisht’s practice. These are various agents that can be safely injected into certain areas of the body and face to help rejuvenate these areas. There are many options available and Dr. Vasisht can help you decide which one is the right one for you.
- Restylane is one type of filler agent that helps treat facial wrinkles by filling them. It is made up of a substance called hyaluronic acid, which is a human protein found in all living things. It is inert and when injected will simply take up space and fill it. It lasts about 6 months but is an effective way to take years off your face without surgery. It is also very commonly used to augment the lips with minimal to no down time. Ask Dr. Vasisht whether this awesome treatment option is right for you. Restylane patients often need subtle improvements in these areas. Dr. Vasisht gets absolutely beautiful and natural results with his unique techinque.
- Perlane gently fills deeper wrinkles and folds, such as the nose-to-mouth lines and frown lines, resulting in a softer facial expression. Find out if this is the right option for you, Dr. Vasisht can help you decide.
- Juvéderm® is similar to Restylane because it is made using the same substance, Hyaluronic acid. The difference is that it is somewhat longer lasting (6-9 months). The injection results in somewhat less bruising and swelling, therefore with less down time. It is an excellent way to augment the lips without down time. The results are natural and stunning with the technique that is employed by Dr. Vasisht.
- Juvéderm® VOLUMA™ Juvéderm® VOLUMA™ is an injectable hyaluronic acid volumiser designed to recontour the face and restore lost volume in the cheeks, cheekbones and chin.
- Sculptra remains an excellent injectable filler for deeper facial hollowing. Patient who have facial lipoatrophy benefit greatly from this agent. It fills the defect and is the only agent that can actually induce your body to make more collagen. This results in longer lasting effect of Scultpra (up to 2 years). Ask Dr. Vasisht if Sculptra is right for you.
The facial skin is first cleaned thoroughly with a deep cleanser. After drying the skin, a topical anesthetic is applied to the area of injection. Occasionally, a local injection of Lidocaine is required to obtain anesthesia. Dr. V will inject the filler after comfortable anesthesia has been obtained. Patients can expect minor bruising, redness and swelling in the immediate post injection period. This will resolve in a few hours after injection. Patients can return to normal facial skin care the following day.